I recently joined Influenster and my first VoxBox was to review the Eco Tools Brush Kits. If your unfamiliar with Influenster, it’s a community of over 4 million social savvy shoppers that test new products for companies and writes reviews (VoxBox). You can also use the website to compare products, and overall be in the know of the hottest products on the market.
Eco Tools is the first VoxBox I’ve received from Influenster. Honestly, I really didn’t know what to expect. I’ve seen women in the blogger community share Influenster on their social media but I never looked into it until recently. With the Holiday’s approaching, I thought why not test out products and give you guys my opinion, and gift ideas.
Okay, lets get into this Eco Tool Brush Kit review. I received the following items:
My first impression was how much I loved the packaging. I’m not a stranger to Eco Tools, as I own their highlight fan brush and use it daily. The thing that lead to me purchasing from them is the price point, very affordable. However, after opening the packaging, I was concerned that some of the brushes may be too dense for my personal taste. I was also leery about the trays because they seemed big.
I love how they revamped the packaging for their 10 year anniversary. The brushes still have the classic bamboo handles, but they are more sleek and modern with the chrome details. Also the weight and feel of the brushes are high quality.
Lastly, I was aware that they used recycled material but after visiting the website, I didn’t know their products cruelty free and vegan! I’ve been vegan for 5 years now so that had me at hello! I also love how the company gives back to women empowerment organizations.
- Wonder Cover Complexion Brush – Loved using this with my liquid foundation. Gave me a airbrushed looked. I using shorter stokes to avoid streaking.
- Controlled Setting Brush – Perfect for applying highlight. I even tired it for my nose contour and fell in love with the light airbrushed look.
- Precision Foundation Brush – Although this says for foundation, I love using this to apply my under eye concealer. Makes the concealer glide on like butter.
- Multitasking Powder Brush – I used this to set powder. I found that stippling the setting powder helps my foundation stay put all day.
- Sculpt Buki Brush – Loved using this for my contour. The shape is perfect and the large handle makes it easy to use.
- Blurring Brush – Perfect for packing on eyeshadow.
- Precision Concealer Brush – Loved using this to cover my dark marks. Stipple for an airbrushed effect.
- Full Blush Brush – Great for blending out the contour as well as applying blush. I love the demeaned shape.
- Defined Crease Brush – Works really well with applying my transition color.
- Angled Foundation Brush – Made applying foundation feel like a daunting task. Needs to be bigger. I prefer using a beauty blender or a stippling brush.
- Angled Liner Brush – Too dense/too many fibers. This brush would be better if it was thinner. That way you can build a thicker line if you want.
- Tri-Fecting Sponge Brush – I’m still on the fence about this one. I placed it on the least favorite list due to it feeling cheap. I think after a couple uses it will eventually rip. However I used it to blend out my foundation and it worked well for that.
- Mask Remover Sponge – I used this to remove my makeup. I will say it took the makeup off. However on my second day of use it felt worn. Not sure if it breaks down due to being made of plant pulp.
In closing, I’ll definitely be purchasing and trying out the Confidence in Bloom Beauty Kit once it’s restocked (I also need to finish off my tray kit). In addition to the quality of the brushes, I love that everything is affordable. I’m overall happy with the products I received and hope that they make the few changes I suggested above. If so, I’ll be open to reviewing them again.
I want to hear from you! Have you tried Eco Tools brushes yet? If, so in the comments below let me know your opinion. Also if you would like to receive free products from Influenster, click below.
[button url=”www.influenster.com/r/3792186“]I want free products too![/button]
**Please note that I received the products complimentary, but all opinions are my own.